Tuesday, March 13, 2012

We Love Our Summer Staff, Part 4: Sava, Eve, & CiCi

We're back! Sorry for the week hiatus; I was out at two trainings that hopefully will be building an even better CFA for next year. In the interim, I had a BUNCH of our outstanding potential staff members send me their bios, so expect a few extra blog posts this week. Cool? Cool!

A fun fact about the three ladies featured today is that all of them are on deck to be new staff members for 2012! They have had some experiences out at camp and totally understand the amazing "family" feeling that is YMCA Camp Flaming Arrow. These girls bring a lot to the table and are excited to be on board for this summer!

First up is Sava, a fun San Antonio native who has been at CFA for years and years.

Sava, age 17, from San Antonio, TX


Age: 17 (18 by summer!)
College / University attending: Still in high school! Antonian College Prep.
State or country where you're living: Texas
Noteworthy Hobbies, Skills, or Talents: Knitting, baking, cartwheels, and making funny faces! 
What exciting thing(s) have you done this past year that you want campers to know about? I have joined the bowling team at my school! I’m pretty bad though… 
Favorite memory from CFA 2011: Hearing campers say that they couldn’t wait to come back next year and that they didn’t want to leave. 
Place on camp where you could most often be found last summer: Arapaho...
Favorite core value: CARING
Favorite snack time ice cream: Anything chocolate! (minus the banana ones)
Must-have items while working summer camp: WATER and patience 
Advice you'd give to summer campers: You don’t need a date to the dance!
What you're looking forward to most about this upcoming summer: Getting to spend all my time at CFA! 
Quote to live by:  "There are no great acts. Only small acts done with great love." –Mother Teresa


Next up is Eve, an outstanding young woman coming to us from beautiful Northern Ireland.

Eve, age 19, from Northern Ireland
College / University attending (and/or current job): Currently waitressing three jobs before heading to uni in September to study English Literature. Busy, but happy. 
State or country where you're living: Northern Ireland – lots of green and lots of rain!
Noteworthy Hobbies, Skills, or Talents: Horse riding!
What are you looking forward to most about this upcoming summer? Meeting lots of amazing people and making memories I will have forever!
What do you normally do with your summers? I usually work to earn some money and then travel a bit. Last year I went to Majorca with my best friends, and the summer before that I visited Dicky and MA at CFA. Previous summers have been spent surrounded by horses!!
Quotes to live by: “Do what you love, work as hard as you can, and make people happy.” “Just be happy and don’t be stupid” – Adele.



Next up is CiCi, who was a CIT last year at camp and is excited to be back for what will be her first year as a counselor.

Cilaya, or "Cici" as we know her; age 18, from Texas!
College/University attending: I am a full time student, and I am currently a High-School student but next year I will be furthering my studies at Texas Tech University by majoring in Music
Noteworthy Hobbies, Skills, or Talents: I can beat box and hum at the same time, I spend most of my time in extra curricular activities, I run cross country, I am a cheerleader, I am in Band, I am in Winter Guard, and I play Quidditch. Oh and I LOVE to dance.
What exciting thing(s) have you done this past year that you want campers to know about?: I went to Disney World for the 1st time :D
Favorite memory from CFA 2011: I loved it when I got to sit at the lunch table with Anthony and Sheeba, and they ate the table-ware like barbarians.
Place on camp where you could most often be found last summer: Honestly I was running around so much, you really had to look.
Favorite core value: Caring
Favorite snack time ice cream: Ice-cream Sandwich!!!!!
Must-have items while working summer camp: Sun-screen, band-aids, comfortable shoes, bathing supplies, a smile, bug spray, a flashlight, an appetite for smores, and a caring heart.
Advice you'd give to other counselors: Put a smile on your face, because smiles are contagious, and happiness is ALWAYS a great thing to spread around. A child's laughter is the thing that will keep you going and it makes everything a bit easier so strive for a laugh from your campers at all times!!!
Advice you'd give to summer campers: Guys have a blast!!!! When you're at camp, you are bound to have fun!
What you're looking forward to most about this upcoming summer: Meeting new people and seeing how I change campers' lives for the best.
Quote to live by: "The only person that can limit me is myself."


No comments:

Post a Comment