Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Counselor Interview: Lacie


Lacie is returning this summer to be a counselor and she sat down for an interview with me to talk about camp. She is super excited about coming back and can't wait for the summer to start.

1. What was your favorite memory from last summer?

I was a counselor in Farrow and we decided to get up early and go to the back gate to see the sun rise. It was really cloudy and not much chance to see the sun. The girls were so positive the whole time though. They just kept saying "Lets keep going. It will clear up." Sadly, it never did but the trip made us bond as group and it was so much fun. The campers were all so close that week and it made it a great week. 

2. What are you looking forward to the most about next summer?

I love seeing all the kids come back and see how they have changed. I have been going for 7 years so it is always fun seeing kids come back and grow. I also like seeing friends reunite. It starts the camp atmosphere right away.

3. What is your favorite camp song and why?

I really like the Donkey song. The reason why is because a counselor named Reggie taught me it up in the dining hall. He was banging on the table and singing it. It was really cool.

4. What is your favorite camp skit and why?

It would be Boogie Bears. I still remember the first time I saw it. I remember who was in it and how it was done. It is the best.

5. What is your favorite place at camp?

It would have to be the porch at the dining hall. I had my very first ragger talk there and now I do all my ragger talks there.

6. Since you went to camp as a kid. What is your advice to a first time camper?


Don't be intimidated by the counselors who are singing and dancing. Just join in at campfire on the first night and you will have a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment